Wednesday 1 June 2011

Currently sitting in my room with toothpaste all over my face looking mighty attractive.
Blemishes are a bloody nightmare arent they?
I am normally very lucky with my skin in that it only flares up every once in a while (or if I have been drinking, damn alcohol) although I havnt always been lucky. Far from it infact.
Between the age of 13-18 i had terrible acne. I tried every lotion and potion on the market, before going to the doctor who prescribed me with various topical treatments, none of which worked. Even going on the pill didn't seem to make my skin any better. Eventually I was put on Roaccutane, a last resort which transpired to be the miracle solution to my horrendous skin.

I have some skin questions to pose to you though:
1) Do you cleanse, tone and moisturise? Do you think this routine actually works?
2) What are the most effective skincare products that you use/have used?
x

3 comments:

  1. I have never done the whole 'cleanse, tone, moistourise' thing and i even did beauty therapy and college so i know it is 'important' but for me my skin only flares up the odd spot around my time of the month, but usually that spot is the size of a small town unluckily LOL. I use liz earle cleanse and polish now and have heard alot of people with more spot prone skin say its worked wonders for them so if you haven't tried it I deffo would x

    ReplyDelete
  2. argh i know that feeling around the time of the month when spots of epic proportions decide to appear! very annoying lol. thank you for the recommendation! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried the 'cleanse, tone & moisturise' routine but for me the toning part feels a little bit pointless and usually dries my skin out! So i just stick to cleaning and then moisturising :)
    For spots you could try Pan Oxyl Aquagel its only a few pound from Boots and comes in different strenghts, I love it for getting rid of the mountain size spots that appear of my face during the time of the month :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete