Saturday 14 August 2010

CelebWatch #1

Like many people, and unlike many others, I am very much into the whole celebrity culture that the UK has become obsessed with. There are even academic journals focussed on 'the cult of the celebrity'! The celebrity lifestyle is just so glamourous to us onlookers that we can't help but be interested. Don't get me wrong, I don't go as far as purchasing OK! magazine to get the details of the latest celebrity wedding (nothing wrong with that though!) but I do love a good celebrity spot!

Luckily for me, the last two jobs I've had have involved a level of interaction with past-it celebrities, not so past-it celebrities, and downright current celebrities.

Take Tuesday last week, for example. I was wandering down to the work cafe to purchase a sandwich, minding my own business, when who do i spy sitting at a table right in front of me? Frankie and Mollie from The Saturdays! Only to be joined shortly after by the rest of the gang. They were taking a quick lunchbreak from the studios where they were filming some kind of fly-on-wall type of thing (according to my boyfriend, who is evidently more clued up than I am!) I'd met the Saturdays at my old job in promotions, and sadly hadn't recieved the best impression of them (bar Frankie, she was a sweetheart and kindly posed for a picture with my friend who loves her more than life itself)


I am still amazed at how teeny tiny they all are in person!

Then yesterday, kids TV presenters Dick & Dom (lovely chaps who i also happened to meet in my old job...need some new celebs for CelebWatch please!) were randomly lurking outside my office, as ydo.

'Citing stuff.

I am crossing my fingers and toes for the day that Simon Cowell, Cheryl Cole, Enrique, or John James from Big Brother 2010 happen to poke their head round my office door. Wishful thinking, perhaps?!

Who would be your ideal celebrity sighting?

No comments:

Post a Comment