Thursday 28 April 2011

Food Diary #1

1040 - Hunger strikes. A little later than normal. I reach for the Belvita Breakfast Biscuits (Milk & Cereal are by far the best flavour!) I remember when these had less than half a shelf in Tesco, and now they have their own shelf with all of the new flavours they keep bringing out. Really great quick hunger fix in the morning when, if you are anything like me, you are too lazy to make a normal, substantial breakfast.

1520 - Still at work. Supposed to take a half day today but a million and one things kept cropping up. Flights to press conferences here, staffing issues there. No time for lunch and I am HUNGRY!

1630 - Finally get home from my 'half day'..ha. One of those wierd times between lunch and dinner, but as I havnt had lunch and dinner is so far away I make beans on toast. With cheese. Lots of cheese. No wonder i am rapidly expanding to the size of a beach ball.

1905 - Gone to Bluewater shopping with the mother. I spy a 'Crussh' smoothie counter and, in need of something refreshing and healthy, I order a Peach Passion. Peach, banana and OJ. I really want to get into making my own smoothies.

2000 - Mother and I are bored of shopping (We have spent all of our money and having no money to spend is boring) so we go for a late dinner at Carluccios. We order bread and dipping oil. My mum goes for a wild boar (??!) ragu pasta, and I go for a roasted pepper, pine nut and goats cheese salad. And add parmesan. Lots of parmesan. I am an actual cheese fiend, it is ridiculous. The salad leaves were really bitter so all in all a bit of a disappointment.

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day on the food-front!

No comments:

Post a Comment