Monday 2 May 2011

Untitled

In the aftermath of my breakup, a peculiar chain of events unfolded.
I was bizarrely and very much out of the blue asked out on a date by the chief sports correspondent for one of the uks major newspapers, who is also one of our new presenters for our show.

He picked me up in a snazzy Mercedes (the wingmirrors fold in electronically, none of this having to push them in like I have to do with my commoner Corsa haha) wearing a nice suit and a pair of Dolce & Gabanna sunglasses on his head (I had recently text him to say I was tossing up whether to spend £100 on a pair of sunnies from Guess, and he rocks up in a pair that probably cost more than my salary) and whisked me off to a restaurant in Notting Hill called Electric. We had Pimms (me) and Peroni (him). We were seated (next to Vanessa Feltz) and had leg of lamb with a bizarre stuffing, potato and broad bean salad.

I felt completely out of my depth, to say the least.
Was glad to get home and slip into my pink leopard print New Look pyjamas and curl up with the cat, but nice to know that life is full of unexpected surprises.

Hope you all had a fab bank holiday weekend. Back to work tomorrow...get those work OOTDs posted! :)

x

3 comments:

  1. Ha lucky lady! That sounds mad. The wing mirrors fold in automatically on my Fiesta mind, I should be aiming higher than the usual layabout types I seem to set my sights on! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh you have a posh car too haha :) you need to meet a guy who will treat you like you deserve to be treated and make you happy, & never settle for anything less :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow, good for you! you have me wondering who it is now x

    ReplyDelete