Friday 8 July 2011

Feeling blue...but not for long :)

Since I came back from Tenerife i've been enveloped by my usual post-holiday blues. It's a strange feeling but I just feel really down all the time and have this deep longing to be back out there. Who wouldn't want to wake up to the sound of the sea and glorious sunshine? And the Spanish men of course!

My Spanish friend Ricardo has invited me over to stay whenever. So I figured, whats stopping me? All i'd need to do is book the flights and then i'd be on my way. I've been so busy moping around that i've completely forgotten that the world is this huge window of opportunity - who's to stop me making the most of every day and doing spontaneous things like a quick trip away to the 'Isle of Fernando'!? (hurry up and bring back Take Me Out!!)

The urge to travel aside, I sat down tonight and had some serious words with myself, and realised that I am such a lucky girl and really I have no right to be sitting around moping over nothing. I have wonderful friends and family around me,a job that I love and look forward to going to, i've just passed my Masters (thanks so much to the lovely ladies who responded to my Dissertation post and filled in my questionnaire - really, truely appreciate it), and I have my whole life ahead of me. I need to get out there and start enjoying it.

Hello new positive mental attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment