Sunday 20 February 2011

One for your book shelf

Ever read anything by Tony Parsons?
If not, you totally should.

I remember rooting around in my parents enormous stack of books that they had accumulated over the years, and picked up a book called 'Man and Boy' by Tony Parsons. I could not put it down. It's one of those books that packs a huge emotional punch and stays with you for ages after you've finished, and for me that is the sign of a great writer.

I didn't read anything else by Parsons for about a year. One day I decided to pop into my local charity shop to see if they had any good books, and I spotted the distinctive cover of a Parsons book, this one called 'One for my Baby'. Another great read.

On a recent trip to Tesco I spotted that he had a new book out, 'Men From the Boys', and had to purchase it, not realising that it was a sequel to 'Man and Boy'. I've only just started it, but one chapter in and I already know it's going to be another great read.





No comments:

Post a Comment