Thursday 2 December 2010

You only live once...

I want to look back on my life and be happy in the knowledge that I did everything that I wanted to do, and lived life to the full. Very often I don't live life to the full for whatever reason..but then I think about my two favourite sayings.
You only live once
&
Life's too short.

Both so true. At the end of the day your life is yours, and you shouldnt let anybody else dictate how you live it. Reach for the stars, achieve everything you want to achieve, see everything you want to see and do everything you want to do.

I lost a uni friend of mine recently to a car accident in Thailand. He used to throw stones at my window until he'd convince me to come out and chill out on the field in the sun with him. He was never without a smile on his face, always happy, always making other people happy. He was 23 and far too young to have his life taken away from him. He was a classic example of someone who lived their life to the full.
RIP Mike - you're an inspiration :)

x

No comments:

Post a Comment