Sunday 17 October 2010

Epic Post..making up for lost time!

I've learnt my lesson: No more promises to do blogposts if I can't keep them.

Managed to scrounge another weekend off work, and hit the shops in beautiful Cambridge with the boyf for a spot of retail therapy. The city had a lovely chill in the air and already it has started to feel like Christmas.

Spotted these beauties in Miss Selfridges & fell in love...


They are gorgeous suedey lace up high heeled boots that are surprisingly comfortable to walk in - an absolute must for when I attempt to wear them to a 12 hour day at the office!

Also purchased a pair of dark blue denim skinny jeans from New Look, which are so comfortable. New Look make jeans shopping so easy I feel.

Repurchased Rimmel Hide the Blemish concealer in Sand, as well as a Miss Sporty mascara - cheap and cheerful at 2.99 and makes my lashes look super thick and dark.

Another purchase I've made this month was one I've been working myself up to for a very long time now; sew in hair extensions. I've used clip ins for years, and recently found the routine of clipping them in to be tiresome and time consuming, so I decided that I would have extensions sewn in:) The process itself is fascinating to watch; they sew tiny braids flat to your scalp under your hair, and then sew the hair extension wefts into the braid. Never have I witnessed such speedy braiding in my entire life, however my stylist had had 9 years of practise!


Above is the back. Below is a snap of my hair from the front:

I think the colour match is really good - nobody seems to be able to tell that they are extensions which is a good sign!
The downsides to these, I would say, is that washing your hair suddenly becomes a lot more tedious. You are only supposed to wash the extensions once a week so you have to clip back sections and wash your own hair seperately = effort!
With a moisturising shampoo and conditioner I see no harm in washing the extensions more regularly.

This brings me on to my next point..a long overdue review of some hair care products I purchased a while back from The Body Shop. This is the shampoo and hair butter from their new Rainforest Moisture range:



I'll start with the hair butter. I had a sample of this free in a magazine, tried it, and loved it. I then recieved a second sample free with another magazine so I tried it again, loved it, and decided to purchase a pot for my very own. It was about £8, which for the amount you get and the length of time it lasts, is very reasonable in my opinion. I was expecting to pay a heck of a lot more. You only need to use a little bit of this product, massage it in to your hair and leave it for about five minutes. I found that even after the first time using this product, my extremely dry hair (bleached and straightened to within an inch of its life) immediately felt more nourished and soft. I now use this religiously a few times a week. I also use this on my hair extensions to keep them soft.

Whilst browsing the range, I also spotted the shampoo, which I purchased in an attempt to mend my massively damaged hair. This shampoo has a very thick consistency (it contains honey, and the consistency reminds me of honey also) and as lovely as it is (and as lovely as it smells!) I can't use it too often, particularly on my crown, as it makes my hair a bit TOO moisturised and thus appears greasy. I have however taken to using it on my hair extensions and it works perfectly for keeping them in a good, healthy condition. I'm intrigued to explore more of this range. Have you had any experience with any of these products?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment